There are two methods to install a WordPress plugin from Layered Market: Automatic or Manual.
Download the plugin
Note: Safari may automatically un-zip the plugin after download. To prevent this, hold down
optionkey while clicking the download link or disable auto unzip from "Safari -> Preferences -> General -> Uncheck 'Open Safe Files After Downloading'".
1) Automatic Installation
Automatic installation is the easiest way to install any WordPress plugin.
- Navigate to WordPress Admin page -> Plugins -> Add New
- Click the Upload Plugin button at the top of the screen
- Select the zip file from your local filesystem
- Click the Install Now button
- When installation is complete, you’ll see “Plugin installed successfully” message. Click the Activate Plugin button at the bottom of the page
2) Manual Installation
In rare cases, you may need to install a plugin by manually transferring the files onto the server. This is recommended only when absolutely necessary, for example when your server is not configured to allow automatic installations. This procedure requires you to be familiar with the process of transferring files using an (S)FTP client.
- Unzip the contents of the plugin. You should see a single folder with the plugin name
- Look in the plugin folder for a readme.txt file. Read the file to confirm that this is the correct plugin, and to look for any special instructions
- Connect to your WordPress server with your (S)FTP client (ex: Transmit or FileZilla)
- Copy the plugin folder to the wp-content/plugins folder in your WordPress directory This installs the plugin to your WordPress site
- Navigate to your Plugins admin page and locate the newly uploaded plugin in the list. Click the plugin’s Activate link
Using the plugin
Most plugins will display a info section on how to start using it. If this doesn't appear, locate the plugin's page in the WordPress Admin menu panel.